Want to be a Homeowner?
Dreaming of becoming a homeowner? If you have questions about how much you can afford, about the role credit plays in the loan process, or need money for a down payment, we are here to help! Our HUD-certified housing counselors can help you reach your homeownership goals.
Steps to Becoming a Homeowner:
- Create Your Free Client Account. Here is a step-by-step Guide to Create Your Account or you can watch this video to get you started. Download the Create Account Guide
- Then, one of our housing counselors will contact you to create a personalized plan which includes creating a household budget, examining credit history, and building financial action steps to help you reach your goal of homeownership.
- Apply to find out if you qualify for down payment assistance.
- Sign Up for our free, virtual Homebuyer Workshop. We’ll equip you with the knowledge you need to navigate the homebuying process and avoid the pitfalls.
- Get Pre-Approved for a mortgage loan before shopping for a home.
- As you shop for a home, be sure and check out our inventory of affordable homes.